We are a small family-run publisher based in Bristol. Ben and Tamar have many years experience working in cycling. We have cycled all over the UK and in many parts of the world - from Iceland to Japan, Finland to Nicaragua we've got the T-shirt!
More recently, we love exploring the UK by bike with our young family. We want to make it as easy as possible for other families and leisure cyclists of all kinds to do the same. We believe that the best family cycle rides are all about splashing through fords, butterfly-spotting and stopping for treats at local tea shops – instead of stopping every five minutes to pore over maps.
Over the years we have covered many roles in cycling. This has included:
- Researching routes for Sustrans (including the West Country Way and Lôn Las Cymru).
- Working for local authorities, promoting cycling and sustainable travel.
- Researching and writing a guide for disabled people to access and use the Bristol & Bath Railway Path.
- Writing hundreds of features for cycling magazines.
- Writing the book 'Bicycle Maintenance' published by the Crowood Press.
- Photography as required for the above.
If you are a local authority, National Park, etc, we can work with you to help cyclists discover your area and not just the local tourist 'honey pots'. This might include an audit or route research, or a complete finished guide.